United Airlines will open a brand new Polaris Lounge at Washington Dulles Airport later this month, its first international business class lounge opening since the pandemic began.
United Airlines Will Open New Polaris Lounge In Washington Dulles (IAD)
After 19 months, United Airlines will begin to open Polaris Lounges again, its premium lounges reserved exclusively for international longhaul business and first class travelers.
Details are still limited, but the lounge will open in October in the IAD C Concourse and include:
- Private a la carte dining room, secluded behind lattice pocket doors
- Library with Washington DC-inspired decor
- Bar area boasting a unique coffered ceiling, which adds a touch of DC style to the overall look and feel of the lounge
- A unique bar and dining menu that is exclusive to the IAD lounge but popular items like the Polaris Burger will be available.
- The space has 355 seats, 6 shower suites, 13 private restrooms and 42 dining seats
The new lounge will be located directly across from United Club C17 and will be open from 5:30 a.m. – 10 p.m.
This lounge was essentially complete in March 2020 and then the pandemic struck, leaving it closed for the last 19 months along with all the other United Polaris lounges.
In August, Live and Let’s Fly reported that three Polaris Lounges would re-open in 2021 as long as travel continued to rebound. The first such lounge will be Washington Dulles, while the other two have yet to be named.
For an idea of what you might expect, you can read full reviews of the other Polaris Lounges below:
At long last, United is openings its Dulles Polaris Lounge. Even more noteworthy, United sees enough business to begin re-opening its network of premium lounges. Hopefully the other five Polaris lounges will shortly follow.