On January 5, 2022 United Airlines will resume its nonstop service between San Francisco and Singapore.
United Airlines Service To Singapore Relaunches In January 2022
As Singapore bucks the trend of its neighbors and takes a “we must live with it” approach to COVID-19, it has re-opened to foreign tourism from several nations. Singapore Airlines has already resumed nonstop service from Singapore (SIN) to San Francisco (SFO) and Los Angeles (LAX) as well as Fifth Freedom flights from Tokyo (NRT) to LAX, Manchester (MAN) to Houston (IAH), and Frankfurt (FRA) to New York (JFK).
Now United Airlines will resume service between SFO and SIN starting on January 5, 2022. The flight will operate according to the following schedule:
- UA001 – departs SFO 10:30pm, arrives SIN 7:40am+2
- begins 05 January 2022
- operates on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays
- UA002 – departs SIN 10:10am, arrives SFO 8:50am
- begins 09 January 2022
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Sundays
United will utilize a retrofitted Boeing 787-9 with:
- 48 seats in Polaris business class
- 21 seats in Premium Plus premium economy class
- 39 seats in Economy Plus (extra legroom economy class)
- 149 seats in economy class
All United flights will operated in accordance with the Singapore Government’s Vaccinated Travel Lane program (VTL). Passengers who are fully vaccinated can avoid quarantine (after testing negative upon arrival).
The paper CDC vaccination card from the USA is not accepted by itself, but you can present a digital vaccination certificate from your state or local healthy authority (Los Angeles County, for example, issues one) or the paper CDC card along with a letter signed by your vaccination provider to attest to your vaccination status, including:
- your name and at least one other personal identifier such as the date of birth or passport number corresponding exactly with the information in your passport used for entry into Singapore;
- the name of the vaccine administered for each dose; and
- the date when each dose was administered
(more details here)
With Singapore now open again to foreign visitors, Untied Airlines will resume service in early January 2022. Flights will be bookable later this evening.
image: United Airlines