A very disturbing allegation on Spirit Airlines after a teenager claimed a man seated behind her continually reached forward to grope her. When she complained, flight attendants told her to sit down and be quiet. Spirit Airlines says it is investigating the incident.
Teenager Claims Man Fondled Her On Spirit Airlines
The incident occurred on an unspecified Spirit Airlines flight to California. The young woman posted a video on TikTok showing a man’s hand reaching from behind to her seat. There is no apparent groping or physical contact, but the teenager claims it went on for an hour.
In a series of additional videos on TikTok, she explained:
- She felt a touch on her breast prior to takeoff, as if someone was “caressing” her
- When she reached over, she touched the fingertips of the man behind her
- She texted her sister, seated elsewhere on the plane, that she was being groped
- The man continued to grab her
- She started to film in order to have proof the man was harassing her
- When she showed the video above to staff, he denied it
- She was told to “please calm down, sit down, be quiet.”
I’ve reached out to the woman and asked her for more details. I also reached out to Spirit Airlines who sent me the following statement:
Spirit Airlines is aware of a video involving claims of a passenger behaving inappropriately on a flight. We are in direct contact with the Guest who posted the video and are actively investigating. Spirit does not tolerate abusive behavior of any kind.
Spirit Airlines got into trouble in 2020 after a similar incident occurred onboard to a 22-year-old woman. There, the man was sitting next to the woman and groped her while she slept. When she woke up and complained, the flight attendants asked her to move, not the man.
While it isn’t clear from the video that the woman was groped, the hand is suspicious. Whether or not this particular incident occurred is almost secondary to the main point: if are being groped, speak up. Perverts should not get away with such disrespect under any circumstance.