An infantile man faces a hefty fine for refusing to wear his mask and throwing a nasty temper tantrum onboard his American Airlines flight to Southern California when flight attendants denied his idiotic refund request.
Maskless Man Creates Trouble Onboard After American Airlines Flight Attendants Deny His Idiotic Refund Request
The Federal Aviation Administration is proposing a $34,250 fine against a man who really sounds like a piece of work. According to the FAA:
- The flight took place on March 14, 2021 from Dallas – Fort Worth (DFW) to Burbank (BUR)
- According to an FAA report, the passenger refused to wear his facemark in the early stages of the flight but was ultimately left alone by flight attendants when he fell asleep
- When he later awoke, he was reminded to put his mask on once again and the flight attendant also asked him if he would like a drink and sandwich
- The man responded with a demand for a full refund for the flight because he was “skipped” for the the food and beverage service
- The flight attendant explained he was skipped initially because he was sleeping, but he was welcome to enjoy the meal now
- His request for a refund was promptly denied
- He declined service and also declined to put his mask on
- Another flight attendant brought him a new mask and “after several attempts to serve him” the man requested an alcohol drink
- After delivering the drink, the flight attendant reminded him to wear his mask, but he refused
- After he finished his drink, the flight attendant reminded him to finish his drink, but he refused, holding up the empty glass to his lips and stating that he was drinking
- He ordered another alcohol beverage and was served it
- But after he received the drink, he threw it on the floor and stomped on it
- A flight attendant was in the aisle during this time
- Later on, he approached the flight attendants for a third alcoholic drink
- Another first class passengers told the man he was out of line and did not need another drink
- The passenger began screaming, cursing out the other passengers and the crew
- A flight attendant was able to calm the man down, though he continued to refuse to wear his mask
- Law enforcement met the aircraft upon arrival
What took so long to process this case? I have no idea, but the wheels of justice often move slowly.
I’d love to hear the man’s side of the story, but it sounds like he is truly a piece of work. That said, would you ever expect American Airlines flight attendants to proactively offer food and drink (especially alcohol) on several occasions during a domestic flight?
Sleeping through a meal service and then demanding a refund when offered the meal on-demand is an idiotic move. Instead, he should have thanked the flight attendants for offering him a meal when he woke up. But instead he decided to be a jerk, not wear his mask, throw his drink, and use obscene language onboard. If that all truly occurred, I hope the man will have to do more than pay up his $34,250 fine…
image: Richard Silagi
He deserves the fine, and probably a few years in Club Fed
FAs offered good service. He was WAY out of line
Well this idiot was definitely up in F, since AA thinks of Y pax as nothing more than children who don’t deserve more than a seat between points A and B.
Man, his side of the story would have to be pretty darned compelling to sway opinion his way on this one….
Given it was probably the infamous Turkey Pastrami Sandwich he should have kept on sleeping.
Talking about yourself in the third-person again??
every airline should be fined when they serve alcohol to someone who is already making trouble.
policy should be no mask, no service and this should be checked before closing the boarding door.
Matthew – maybe you can write an article about air quality on planes, Look at this tweet I saw. The high CO2 levels can affect pilots and crew as well as be used as a proxy for airborne viral load. I personally hate to fly in summer when the planes are often steam room hot when loading and pre flight. https://twitter.com/EndTorpor/status/1463325698274308109 https://twitter.com/HaywardScoreCEO/status/1458088336405508104
It is funny, surgeons and other medical professionals never have a problem wearing masks for hours upon end. I think you should check your drinking water, if you get my drift…
No doubt this dudes an asshat but let me get this straight…..
You think because someone uses foul language, stomps on a shooter and acts a fool he should be fined 35k?
We’ll agree to disagree and I think you suffer from first world problems. Ban the fool from the airline sure. But a 34k penalty? Don’t think so.
I think he should be given 200 hours of hard labor building highways funded by the new infrastructure bill.
Nah, summary execution is better.
Name and shame him. Clowns like this need their names plastered everywhere.
“He ordered another alcohol beverage and was served it”
these articles write themselves.
He was white, which is why he was given such leeway
@Jay. Really, usually it’s the other way around. If they are non-white they will scream racism. Check yourself.
Like he will ever pay anything according to Gary Leff. Ban these people from flying please!
You have a few thousand covidiots out of the millions airlines carry every year.
Ban them! They won’t cause you serious $$$.
Does anyone running an airline have common sense/cojones?
What a world…..
They served him multiple drinks AFTER he was belligerent? That’s as much on them as him.
The biggest surprise from all of this is…how good the AA service reportedly was?