Welcome to my next trip report, a classic.
I’m caught up on current trip reports and making a conscious effort this year to clear the queue before embarking on new adventures. I’ve outlined all the “classic” trip reports you have to look forward to here. I’ve also defended why I publish old trip reports. To summarize, 1.) these have never been published before, 2.) products have not changed all that much and all changes are noted and 3.) my trip reports provide a basis for the way I think about and review different products, hopefully establishing a predictable baseline in which I can fairly review every new flight I take.
This trip report covers a trip to Australia I took in 2013 with my Uncle Bill. It was his dream to fly Singapore Suites and I was happy to make that possible. Our stay in Australia included three cities and three Hyatt hotels: Park Hyatt properties in Melbourne, Canberra, and Sydney. On the way back to the USA, we spent a couple nights in Singapore. It was an amazing trip.
Longtime readers will recall this trip began on an incredibly stressful note.
Trip Report Index
- Photo Finish Averts Singapore Airlines Suites Disaster
- San Francisco to Seoul in Singapore Airlines 777-300 First Class
- Seoul to Singapore in Singapore Airlines 777-300 First Class
- Singapore Airlines Private Room + First Class Lounge
- Singapore to Melbourne in Singapore Airlines A380 Suites Class
- Mamacitas: A Hidden Gem in Melbourne
- Review: Park Hyatt Melbourne
- Qantas Domestic Business Lounge – Melbourne
- Melbourne to Canberra in Qantas Economy Class
- A Day in Parliament in Canberra
- The Australian War Memorial – Canberra
- Review: Park Hyatt Canberra
- Canberra to Sydney by Train
- Review: Park Hyatt Sydney
- Review: Rydges Airport Hotel Sydney
- Sydney to Singapore in Singapore Airlines Business Class
- Singapore Botanical Gardens
- Review: Grand Hyatt Singapore
- Singapore to Los Angeles in Singapore Airlines A340 Business Class
Finally, keep in mind that most of this report was written shortly after the trip. I’m just editing pictures now.