Reader SINJim in Singapore graciously sent photos and a review of his recent SIA@Home business class dinner from Singapore Airlines. Thanks for sharing Jim!
SIA@Home Review – A Taste Of Singapore Airlines At Home
Singapore Airlines describes its SIA@Home project like this:
Enjoy a taste of Singapore Airlines, delivered to your home. Order a home-dining experience for two created by our world-renowned International Culinary Panel chefs, paired with your choice of wine or champagne. For a perfect re-creation of our First Class or Business Class experience at home, purchase the all-inclusive package, which comes with the exquisite tableware and luxurious amenities available exclusively on board our flights.
A first class dinner for two runs as little as SGD398-498 (USD293-366), depending upon the menu and wine choice Business class for two runs SGD258-318 (USD190-234). Miles can also be used (starting at 32,500 miles).
At the upper end is the “all-inclusive” experience which includes a tableware set, pajamas, and amenity kits. First class runs as high as SGD888 (USD653) or 111,000 miles and business class SGD388 (USD285) or 48,500 miles.
You can review the full menu here.
Jim ordered the business class “all-inclusive” experience, selecting the Sanjeev Kapoor Ruchi Thali (vegetarian) menu that is offered on flights from Singapore to Mumbai. Here’s the menu and how Singapore Airlines pictures it on its website:
Here’s how he reviewed the experience:
- Today, SIA delivered our SIA at home set.
- I ordered on Monday for us. The same day, someone from SIA called to set up our delivery date and time.
- During the call I tried to switch (pay extra to upgrade) to first class but their rules did say no changes or cancellations. A nice representative inquired but there was no option.
- I asked how orders were and they said that they were surprised by the take up. First and business class orders were 50/50.
- This afternoon I received a text message from a courier company saying that our order was on its way. I even had a link to watch the journey from SATS to our apartment.
- You can see everything in the photos below.
- There was a lot of food. We are both stuffed three hours later.
- We didn’t open the champagne today as it was room temperature upon delivery.
- Overall, SIA clearly put a lot of effort into this, right down to the printed materials. I am impressed.
Thanks again for sharing Jim! Let us know in the comments section below if your own experience with SIA@Home.