Another day, another fight on Spirit Airlines…and an important reminder that fighting onboard is simply not worth it. As much as you might want to give self-entitled jerks a piece of your mind, it is best just to keep your lips sealed, especially in a narrow metal tube.
Spirit Airlines Catfight…Totally Unnecessary
I bring you this particular story because it really could have been avoided. While the audio is difficult to discern, here’s what I can gather:
- A woman was booted off from a Spirit Airlines flight for failing to wear her mask
- She could not understand why she was thrown off and used a string of foul language to express her outrage as she walked down the aisle toward the exit
- Other passengers called on her just to get off, with one passenger singing, “Na na na na hey hey-ey goodbye,” from the 1969 hit Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye by the band called Steam
- It appears that one passenger, an older lady, took issue with her poor language and poor behavior and gave the poorly-behaved passenger a piece of her mind
- This enraged the ejected passenger and a war of words escalated
- The ejected passenger got up into the face of the older lady and made a gun gesture with her hand
- The older lady actually made the first punch and a catfight ensued
- Video ends before the fight is broken up
Please note the video below includes profanity and is not safe for work or children. I also don’t condone the racism expressed in the tweet:
Sisolak’s & Clark county COVID mandates have yet again killed business tourism and we now have the return of Ghetto Trash….
Las Vegas to Atlanta Fight on Spirit Airlines. No mask, no worry of Delta, or no consequences when your part of protected class! pic.twitter.com/zhd6hk4u4S
— NetworkinVegas.com (@Networkinvegas) July 25, 2021
I write about this incident because I really empathize for the older lady. Sometimes we do need to be called out when we do wrong and this self-entitled woman appeared to desperately need correction (and to have her mouth washed with soap). But the idea of correction from an elder is fast becoming antiquated in our new world and it is hardly surprising she did not react well to being admonished.
In that sense, it is best to simply remain quiet when you observe others acting up. As another passenger admonished the older lady, it is not worth it – just let it go. The fact that she threw the first punch is also simply not acceptable.
While another catfight on Spirit Airlines is hardly news, this particular incident caught my attention because it was egregiously unnecessary. As tempted as we are to correct others, even if altruistically for their own good, it is simply not worth the risk when onboard an airplane.