While I have soured to British Midland’s (bmi) Diamond Club program due to the excessive fuel surchages that are tacked onto award bookings, I concede that their award chart itself remains attractive. I still recommend crediting to United, Continental, or US Airways if you are flying on Star Alliance, but if you do credit to bmi perhaps you can take advantage of this offer:
Fly with bmi between 11 July andand you could receive triple bonus miles. Whether you’re planning a business trip or a short leisure break you’ll benefit with this great Summer bonus miles offer, so you’ll be miles better off with bmi.
Each bmi flight you take will be rewarded with your usual mileage, plus an additional bonus of double miles when you fly in Economy Class and triple miles when you fly in Business Class.
You must opt in to receive your bonus miles. Simply click on your preferred reward of bonus destinations or status miles. Registration for this offer ends.
|Opt in for bonus destinations miles.
|Opt in for bonus status miles.
We look forward to welcoming you onboard soon.
Diamond Club Manager
Before you get your hopes up, this does appear to be a targetted offer. It won’t hurt to register usign the link above, but do note the fine print:
- This offer is only available to the named recipient of this email and is non transferable.
- You must register for this promotion by by clicking one of the opt in links within the email for either destinations miles or status miles. If you do not register for this promotion you will not be eligible for the reward at the end of the promotion.
- Your original choice of reward will be fulfilled on qualification, once you have chosen you will be unable to amend your choice.
- To qualify for either double or triple bonus miles you must take a qualifying flight on a bmi operated flight between 11 July to 31 August in either the stated eligible Business Classes which are: J, C, D, Z, P, I, Y and will earn you triple miles or stated eligible Economy Classes which are: B, M, U, H, O, G, Q, V, W, S, T, N, E, L, K and will earn you double miles.
- Codeshare flights, flights booked without a BD code, award flights, bmibaby flights and flights operated between and are all excluded from this promotion and bonus miles will not be awarded on these flights. Your account will be credited with a bonus of either destinations or status miles dependant on the class of travel that you fly in as detailed above.
- All miles earned from this promotion will be credited to your Diamond Club account 40 days after your flight as one credit and are non transferable.
- Your Diamond Club membership number must be quoted at the time of booking your flight. Bonus miles are calculated and credited based on the actual ticket class booked.
- Any retrospective claims submitted/credited to your Diamond Club account for flights taken during the qualifying period will not change the level of miles earned under this promotion. Any retrospective claims for mileage credit must be accompanied by your ticket/ticket receipt/counterfoil as well as your original boarding pass and be made in writing within 6 months of the flown date.
- bmi will automatically delete any duplicate activities or miles.
- The award of and redemption of such destinations miles shall be governed in accordance with the Diamond Club terms and conditions.
- bmi Diamond Club reserves the right to change or alter this promotion at any time.
British Midland does not have a great record when it comes to honoring promotions, so I wouldn’t count on any bonus miles unless you received the e-mail above. But if you are traveling on bmi anyway, go ahead and register.