United Airlines is updating its “Bistro on Board” fresh menu in August, offering economy class passengers several new options for purchase onboard.
New “Bistro on Board” Choices On United Airlines
While United does not serve complimentary food on most domestic routes, fresh meals are available for purchase on flights that are 1,500 miles or longer departing during meal service windows.
Effective August 1st, United is refreshing its onboard menu, with new selections available for purchase onboard. Some passenger favorites, like the breakfast sandwich and cheeseburger, will remain.
For flights of 1,500 miles or more departing between 5:00am and 9:59pm, the following options will be available for $8 each:
- Blueberry banana overnight oats
- Banana flavored overnight oats served over a layer of blueberry fruit puree.
- Asiago bagel sandwich
- Egg patty, cheddar cheese and bacon on an Asiago bagel
For flights of 1,500 miles or more departing between 10:00am and 8:59pm, the following options will be available for $10 each:
- Southwest chicken salad shaker
- Layered salad shaker with brown rice, black beans, chili lime diced chicken, roasted corn, red bell peppers, red onion, pepper jack cheese, and cilantro.
- Brioche burger with bistro sauce
- Beef patty topped with cheddar cheese, pickles, and bistro sauce on a buttery brioche bun
- Fresh cheese & fruit tray
- Sharp Cheddar cheese, Fontiago cheese, Grand Cru cheese, Partners crackers, red seedless grapes, Bonne Maman fig preserves, Frango mint chocolate
Cash and credit cards are not accepted onboard; your credit card must be stored in advance on united.com or on the United mobile app.
There is still no word on whether United will restore complimentary meals to the EconomyPlus cabin on premium transcontinental routes, as was true before the pandemic.
I’ve tried the brioche burger and asiago bagel sandwich and find them both to be satisfying. Personally, I look forward to trying the Southwest chicken salad shaker, which sounds quite delicious.