Virgin Atlantic wants to help eight single Americans find love in the UK with a new “Tickets to Love” contest that includes Upper Class passage as well as a one-night stay at a swanky hotel. But I’m not sure about the timing…
Virgin Atlantic “Tickets To Love” Contest
Single? Looking for a suitable mate…or something? Virgin Atlantic invites you to submit an essay of no more than 150 words explaining why you are interested in finding love in the UK and what love story you’re hoping to find when you arrive.
The essay will be judged on the following basis:
- Originality/Creativity (25%)
- Most Compelling Essay (50%)
- Ability to evoke emotion in the judges (25%)
Eight winners will receive a special prize package, including:
- An Upper Class (business class) ticket from New York (JFK) to London (LHR) on March 11, 2022, returning on March 13, 2022
- Access to the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse at JFK
- Tips from “dating expert” Jared Haibon (from Bachelor in Paradise, not that I’ve ever watched the program…)
- A love reading from a psychic
- A one-night stay at The Standard hotel in London
“The flight will include a glass of champagne upon boarding, delicious 3-course-meal service, and a chance to meet other travelers in The Loft social space of the cabin.”
“Dating is hard — harder today than it’s ever been. But travel has a way of opening minds and opening hearts, so hopefully, we’re able to help change the lives of a few singles ready to finally meet their match.”
I’m not a dating expert myself, but I do know the currency of love is time, so I’m not sure one day and one night will be long enough to forge any meaningful relationships. Perhaps this should be called the “one-night stand” contest.
The fine print says the contest is only open to Americans 18 years of age and older who are “not in a committed romantic relationship as of the date of entry.” I guess progressive Virgin Atlantic isn’t quite ready to embrace polyamory…
I’m being facetious, of course. This is a cool contest.
This is pretty fun contest even if you just stay in your room and sleep. I’d certainly be game for a trip to London in Upper Class, even if just for a night. But if you want to win, you’re going to have to be single and very creative.
image: Virgin Atlantic