If you hold a Bilt Mastercard (no annual fee), do not forget that today is “Rent Day” with double points in key purchase categories plus a lucrative bonus of up to 150% on Virgin Atlantic Flying Club transfers (but today only).
Bilt Rent Day August 2023 – Up To 150% Virgin Atlantic Transfer Bonus + Up To 6X Points
I’ve written about the Bilt Mastercard before and still love that it’s like a Chase Sapphire Preferred without an annual fee. This is a solid card whether you rent or not.
Last year, the card became even more valuable with the addition of special spend bonuses on Rent Day, the first day of each month. Those include:
- Dining – 6x points per USD (regularly 3x points)
- Travel – 4x points (regularly 2x points)
- All other spend (excluding rent) – 2x points (regularly 1x points)
(Bonus miles are capped at 10,000 per month)
It’s not always possible to time travel bookings to the first of the month, but earning up to six points per dollar on a no-fee credit card with valuable transfer partners is such a cool value-add.
In addition to the bonus points, this month Bilt is offering a 75-150% transfer bonus on Virgin Atlantic Flying Club transfers (today only). For every one Bilt point transferred, you will earn up to three Virgin Atlantic miles.
- Bilt Blue members – 75% transfer bonus
- 1,000 Bilt Points = 1,750 Virgin Points
- Bilt Silver members – 100% transfer bonus
- 1,000 Bilt Point = 2,000 Virgin Points
- Bilt Gold members – 125% transfer bonus
- 1,000 Bilt Point = 2,250 Virgin Points
- Bilt Platinum members – 150% transfer bonus
- 1,000 Bilt Point = 2,500 Virgin Points
Bilt status earned based upon how many points you rack up with the program each calendar year.
- Silver – 25,000 points
- Gold – 50,000 points
- Platinum – 100,000 points
Flying Club, the loyalty program of Virgin Atlantic, has high surcharges on Virgin Atlantic flights in premium economy or business class (“Upper Class”), but has some nice sweet spots with superb deals on Delta business class between Europe and North America and ANA business or first class redemptions. As a member of SkyTeam, you can also book Air France, KLM, ITA Airways and other partners with Flying Club points.
This promotion runs today only from 12:00 am ET until 11:59 pm PT.
Airline and hotel transfer partners include:
- Aer Lingus AerClub
- Air Canada Aeroplan
- Air France/KLM FlyingBlue
- American Airlines AAdvantage
- British Airways Executive Club
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
- Emirates Skywards
- Hawaiian Airlines HawaiianMiles
- Iberia Plus
- IHG Rewards
- Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles
- United Airlines MileagePlus
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- World of Hyatt
Where else can you transfer to both American Airlines and United Airlines (not to mention the other great pool of partners) at attractive rates and near instantaneously (unlike Marriott Bonvoy)?
The value proposition of Bilt and the Bilt MasterCard continues to grow. If you can redirect spending to Rent Day (the first day of each month), you stand to gain even more points. Today only, you can also take advantage of the most generous Virgin Atlantic transfer bonus I have ever seen in all my years of writing about miles and points.
> Application Link: Bilt MasterCard (No Annual Fee)
image: Virgin Atlantic