A Boston doctor is in a heap of trouble for pleasuring himself within the sight of a 14-year-old girl on a Hawaiian Airlines flight from Honolulu to Boston.
Claim: Boston Doctor Pleasured Himself On Hawaiian Airlines Longhaul With Teenage Girl Sitting In His Row
33-year-old Dr. Sudipta Mohanty has been charged with lewd, indecent and obscene acts, with the following fact pattern alleged by US Attorneys prosecuting the case:
- Mohanty is an internal medicine and primary care doctor with a practice in Boston
- On May 27, 2022, Mohanty was a passenger aboard a Hawaiian Airlines Flight enroute from Honolulu to Boston with a female companion
- Also in his row was a 14-year-old girl traveling with her grandparents, who were seated across the aisle
- Halfway through the flight, the girl allegedly observed that Mohanty had “covered himself with a blanket up to his neck and that Mohanty’s leg was bouncing up and down”
- “Shortly thereafter, the minor observed that the blanket was on the floor, no longer covering Mohanty, and that Mohanty was masturbating”
- She moved herself to empty seat in a different row for the remainder of the flight
- Law enforcement were notified upon their arrival in Boston
- Mohanty was later arrested and charged
Acting United States Attorney Joshua S. Levy warned:
“Everyone, especially children, has the absolute right to not be exposed to lewd conduct when they are traveling. If you engage in the type of illicit behavior alleged here, you will be caught and held accountable wherever it happens.”
Mohanty faces up to 90 days in prison, up to one year of supervised release, and a fine of up to $5,000.
My Wife Feels Sorry For The Doctor…
I sent this story to my wife Heidi yesterday since she is a nurse and works closely with many doctors. Her response was rather surprising, “I feel bad for him. He just ruined a career that took him eight years to reach over eight minutes of pleasure…with himself and not even a woman.” I thought she was joking, but she was quite serious…he will now be registered as a sex offender, will likely lose his license, and may never work in the medical profession again.
That’s all true. But I reminded her that we didn’t join the mile high club or doing anything else in economy class with a teenager girl seated next to us on a crowded flight. The problem was not primarily the act, but the audience.
And frankly that lack of judgement calls into question Mohanty’s temperament and discernment to be a doctor. There are many instances where I think if someone is offended they should just turn away, but not here. Not on an airplane where you are advised to remain in your assigned seat. This sort of behavior is really quite disgusting.
A Boston area doctor faces a relatively small fine or jail time for alleged lewd contact onboard a Hawaiian Airlines flight, but his employment (he is currently suspended) and license may be the greater casualty.
This story is a good example to exercise self-control, especially on an airplane. And if you cannot…there are lavatories onboard.