While other airlines continue to engage in cost-cutting in the name of hygiene theatre, JetBlue has quietly restored meal service to its Mint flights. Here’s a look at the JetBlue summer 2020 menu.
JetBlue Mint Meal Service In Pandemic Era
After only offering snacks for several weeks, meals have returned to Mint, JetBlue’s premium cabin available on select Airbus A321 aircraft.
As JetBlue notes on its website:
We’ve streamlined our Mint service to minimize physical interactions and maximize your safety and comfort, and that of our crewmembers. Here’s what to expect:
- Your welcome taste will arrive pre-sealed
- Your meal and dessert will be served together, with a lid or foil covering
- All garnishes will be served on the side
- Drinks will be served in single-use cups (with a new cup for each refill), and poured or mixed by crewmembers in the galley
To accommodate these changes and further reduce touchpoints, we’ve temporarily suspended:
- Welcome drink and pre-departure beverage service
- Bread, breakfast sides and fruit options
- Espresso-based drinks
- Grab & Go snacks from the Pantry
- Hot towel service
Yes, the delicious bread and espresso-based drinks are still gone, but other meal service has returned, which is an important step toward preserving the premium product.
Pictures: JetBlue Mint ShutEye And Breakfast Service
A reader flew Mint class earlier this week and sent me the following photos and menus.
Redeye service offers only cold options, but still a nice meal of soup, salad, and sandwich with ice cream and cocktails:
Here’s the full menu:
I love that JetBlue has maintained cold-pressed juices.
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner offer a mix of hot and cold choices. Breakfast options included fruit, vanilla chia seed pudding, waffles, French Toast, and a frittata. Guests can choose three options. A full wine list in real bottles, not minis, has returned as well.
Every time I see JetBlue meal pictures, it makes me want to hop on a JetBlue flight. It is nice to see that JetBlue has restored meals to Mint flights.