I made a solemn trip to Poland to visit Auschwitz, a moving experience that was even more harrowing than my visit to Dachau a few months earlier. This trip report will recount my journey to Warsaw, Krakow, and finally Auschwitz-Birkenau.
Poland Trip Report – Warsaw, Krakow, And Auschwitz-Birkenau
I’m at a point in my life in which I grapple often with sin, death, and human depravity. My Christian faith informs my worldview and I welcome the chance to wrestle with apologetical questions like, “Why does God allow human suffering?”
My visit to Dachau was so moving that I determined to travel Auschwitz-Birkenau as soon as possible. An opportunity arose when a friend and I decided to spend a weekend in Poland, which gave me the opportunity to actually spend time in Warsaw outside the airport terminal and then drive to Krakow.
I’ll offer far more commentary as I detail my visit to the concentration camps, but visiting Auschwitz and Birkenau is something every person should do. When you encounter the brutal efficiency of the entire operation you cannot help but to mourn.
On a lighter note, both Warsaw and Krakow are great cities and I love the Polish people and how far dollar goes in Poland. I enjoyed some great food and drink which I will be detailing as well.
The trip took place last October, but in rolling out one trip report after another, I’ve held back on this one for several months. I wanted to publish my massive summer report first and with that trip report now complete, I can move on to this one. I did no “teasers” for this trip, so all content is 100% fresh.
Stay tuned for the following segments in this report:
- Diamond Lounge Brussels (BRU)
- Brussels Airlines “The Loft” Lounge Brussels (BRU)
- LOT Polish E-190 Business Class Brussels – Warsaw
- Sheraton Grand Warsaw
- Photo Essay: Warsaw, Poland
- Delicious Georgian Food In Warsaw
- Great Coffee In Warsaw
- DoubleTree Krakow
- Where To Eat And Drink In Krakow
- Mr. Black, The Coolest Cocktail Bar In Krakow
- Reflections On Visiting Auschwitz-Birkenau
- Photo Essay: Auschwitz-Birkenau
- Business Lounge Schengen Krakow (KRK)
- LOT Polish 787-9 Business Class Warsaw – Chicago
- Hyatt Regency Chicago O’Hare
Thanks for reading!