As I mentioned yesterday, Qantas just opened a beautiful new lounge in London Heathrow (LHR). Here are some pictures from the new lounge.
Qantas credits its new London to Perth service, commencing on March 24, 2018, as the reason behind the new lounge, but Qantas already serves London daily from Sydney (via Singapore). The new lounge is located in Terminal 3 and will be open each day between 8am – 8:30pm.
Features of the lounge include:
- Seating for more than 230 customers
- Split over two levels with views of the airfield
- Follows the same concept as Qantas’ international lounges in Hong Kong, Singapore, Los Angeles and Brisbane, with the food and interior design taking inspiration from the local region
- Designed by Woods Bagot, the interiors reflect London at twilight with deep greens and rich blues throughout the furniture, while warm-coloured timbers, stone and brass represent the historic architecture of the city
- A marble cocktail bar beneath a brass chandelier on the upper level serving cocktails designed by the Qantas Rockpool Mixologists, as well as Australian and European wine and beer
- A gin bar on the lower level offers the finest Australian and British gins, alongside an all-day barista service
- Menus designed by Rockpool with a Sofitel service experience, customers will enjoy á la carte service in the dining room with a selection of plates of the day including:
- Quintessential British dishes such as ploughman’s platters, pot pies and scones with jam and cream
- Australian favourites such as healthy brunch bowls with eggs, avocado and kale, and zucchini and haloumi fritters
- The signature salt and pepper squid with green chilli sauce from the Qantas First Lounges
- Premium hot and cold buffets
- ‘Quench’ hydration station with tisane, fruit infused water, sparkling water
- Business facilities including Wi-Fi, flexible work spaces and workstations
- Six shower suites with Aurora Spa amenities
- The new range of Noritake crockery by David Caon and a collection of tea cups and saucers by Miranda Kerr for Royal Albert
Summary: this looks like an incredible lounge! Stock photos below courtesy of Qantas, though I look forward to taking my own in the weeks ahead.
(H/T: God Save the Points)