Welcome to my next trip report, a detailed recap of my Hong Kong Airlines trip from earlier this month.
It’s rare that I break away from Star Alliance and when I do it is to review a oneworld or SkyTeam airline for this blog. This trip was a business trip and it just so happened that I took advantage of an incredible fare deal on Hong Kong Airlines for a necessary visit to Hong Kong. $688 r/t to be exact. In business class. (Yes, the deal is long gone).
But there was a catch. Although the only purpose of the trip was three days of meeting in Hong Kong, I had to travel to Bangkok as well. Otherwise that $688 fare shot up to over $4,000.
This trip will report will include the following segments:
- Los Angeles International Lounge
- Hong Kong Airlines A350 Business Class Los Angeles To Hong Kong
- Grand Hyatt Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Airlines A330 Business Class Hong Kong To Bangkok
- Hyatt Place Bangkok – Update
- Miracle Lounge Bankgok (BKK)
- Hong Kong Airlines A330 Business Class Bangkok to Hong Kong
- Club Autus Lounge Hong Kong (HKG)
- Hong Kong Airlines A350 New Business Class Hong Kong to Los Angeles
For purposes of this trip report, I was so excited to fly on four different aircraft from Hong Kong Airlines with four different business class configurations–even though it meant an older regional business class configuration from BKK to HKG.
I’ll unveil more details in the trip reports, but if you read my preview posts you know that I was very pleased overall with my flights on Hong Kong Airlines.