This is the fifth of a six-part recount of my recent trip to Central America.
- Washington Dulles to San Salvador on TACA
- My Adventure in San Salvador
- Aborted Landing on TACA: SAL-PTY
- 24 Hours in Panama City
- Short-Haul Flying on LACSA: PTY-SJO-SAL
- Accused of Being a Terrorist: SAL to IAD on TACA
The ride to the airport was much different than my ride from the airport. Rather than standing on a crowded bus, I shared a cab with a British guy on his way to Lima. I had spent my entire time in Panama City on the “dodgy” side of the island and as we passed massive high rises and casinos on the way to the airport, I was reminded that my time in the city was not nearly long enough to fully explore it.
1 hr, 10 min
1 hr, 20 min