Yesterday wasn’t a good day for Emmari Jackson. Angered by an unexpected fee for her carry-on bag, the 21-year-old launched a full-scale attack on a cadre of Spirit Airlines staff, at one point even striking a supervisor with a metal dustpan. Police were called in, but Jackson coughed on them while claiming she had COVID-19.
Unexpected Carry-on Fee Prompts Full-Scale Attack Against Sprit Airlines Staff
I think the UK DailyMail does a much better job in its headline explaining what happened than I can do:
But I’ll still try to take the emotion out of it. Here’s what happened:
- Emmari Jackson attempted to board her Spirit Airlines flight in Orlando (MCO) and was told that her carry-on bag was too big to be placed under her seat and she would need to pay $65 to store it in the overhead bin.
- She became irate and was told that due to her poor behavior, she would not be allowed to travel.
- This made her even more irate.
- She responded by throwing a bag of shoes from her carry-on items at the agent behind the counter.
- Next, she reached over the counter to hit another agent.
- Then, she punched another agent in the head.
- A supervisor attempted to call the police, but Jackson ran over and punched the supervisor repeatedly in the back of the head.
- Another person tried to pull Jackson off, but Jackson attacked him by kicking him in the head.
- Jackson then grabbed a metal dustpan from a nearby custodial cart and began attacking him.
- Police finally showed up and Jackson was taken to jail.
- There, she attacked a corrections officer and coughed on others, telling them she had COVID-19.
- She is now being charged with battery and remains in an Orange County jail.
Rather than speculate if there were drugs or alcohol fueling this rage, let’s just leave it at the facts above…my goodness what a fact pattern. It appears no Spirit employees were seriously injured, though Jackson still faces a stiff sentence for her conduct. Janitors at Orlando Airport better start securing the dustpans…
mugshot: Orange County Jail