Under a new initiative that kicks off this week, all ticketed United Airlines travelers flying in and out of Denver (DEN) can enroll in TSA PreCheck with no need for an appointment.
TSA PreCheck Enrollment In Denver In Under Five Minutes Via United Airlines And I&S
United has teamed up with IDEMIA Identity and Security (I&S) North America, a TSA PreCheck enrollment partner, to simplify the process for passengers to enroll in the program that allows you to leave your shoes and coats on and electronic devices and liquids inside your bag at the security screening checkpoints at many US airports. Lines also tend to be shorter and move more quickly.
- Enrollment takes about five minutes
- Approved passengers will receive their Known Traveler Number (KTN) in 3-5 days
- The cost is $78, which covers five years of PreCheck participation
- you can also 11,000 MileagePlus miles to offset the cost, but this is a poor exchange of less than one cent per point
- The initiative will run from August 14, 2023 through October 6, 2023
- Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM-12:00 PM and 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM MT
- You can find the enrollment center in Concourse B, between Gates B18 and B20
- Travelers will need to bring a government-issued photo ID and proof of citizenship or lawful permanent residency
- a passport or birth certificate constitute proof of citizenship
Children 12 and under may accompany an enrolled parent or guardian in the TSA PreCheck lanes without restriction while those aged 13-17 may do so if the TSA PreCheck logo is displayed on the boarding pass (this typically happens automatically, but not always).
If you travel with any regularity, TSA PreCheck is the best $15/year you will ever spend. I cannot imagine going back to the old system of removing shoes and laptops from my bag.
Through early October, United is offering an easy way to sign up on the spot if you are traveling through DEN. The alternative is to apply online and then travel to an enrollment center, so in many cases this option in DEN will make more sense.