United Airlines has refreshed its mobile boarding pass, offering more info in a clearer format.
With the latest (v4.7) version of the United app, when you look at your boarding pass on your mobile device screen, you will now see:
- The terminal number from which your flight will depart
- Your boarding group, boarding time and seat number more prominently displayed
- A visual alert that tells you when you’re seated in an exit row
- A slide-up drawer with flight status information
- The option to open a standalone window with an isolated and centered bar code for easier scanning
Here are some images of the new boarding pass:
The appearance of the pass in Apple Wallet has not changed.
United has made great strides in its mobile app over the last couple years and I almost feel like these changes are redundant. The most recent larger refresh to the app included helpful new push notifications to let you know when your flight is boarding and help guide you the gate, something the new boarding pass now replicates.
Since I often try to balance desire for overhead bin space with trying to remain in the lounge as long as possible and board last, I appreciate these up-to-the-minute notifications.
The takeaway is not today’s update itself, which is relatively minor, but that United continues to invest in its mobile boarding pass. I find it the best in the business and hope that United will continue to improve it.
> Read More: