I commend Jeopardy champion Amy Schneider for an amazing 40-game winning streak, during which the contestant racked up more than $1.3 million. It was a fun travel question that proved perplexing and finally led to defeat.
Travel-Related Final Jeopardy Question Stumps Jeopardy Champion (And Me Too)
I grew up watching Jeopardy and still watch it when I can (though I have no TV at home). It’s a fun game and while never the same without Alex Trebek, former champion Ken Jennings has done well as its new host. I tried out for Jeopardy once as a kid…didn’t make it. Maybe one day I’ll try again. I’m not exactly a trivia master, but I can hit the buzzer quickly and would love to be on the show one day.
Anyway, it’s always fun to watch contestants rack up win after win and Amy Schneider won 40 straight games before finally coming up short on a travel-related question.
“The only country whose name in English ends in h”
You could argue this is an English or geography question, but I’d put it into the realm of travel.
And full disclosure: it took me more than 30 second to mentally make my way through the world and arrive upon Bangladesh, a country I had the pleasure of visiting in 2017:
- Booked: Biman Bangladesh Airlines and Iberia
- How is Biman Bangladesh Airlines in Economy Class?
- Review: Biman Bangladesh 737-800 Economy Class Bangkok to Dhaka
- My Dhaka Transit Hotel Courtesy of Biman Bangladesh Airlines
- The Police Chase After Me in Dhaka
- Review: Biman Bangladesh “Maslin” Business Lounge Dhaka
- Review: Biman Bangladesh 777-300ER Business Class from Dhaka to London
To Amy Schneider, congratulations. Schneider’s last Final Jeopardy question reminds me that I need to get back to Dhaka and review Biman’s new Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner. I cannot believe my review is almost five years old already. Safe travels with all your winnings!
image: Sony Pictures