Continental (or should I say United?) Airlines has released an iPhone/iPad app that incorporates the best features of CO’s mobile website into a single app with a snazzy interface.
Key features of the app include:
- Flight booking including Reward Travel
- Check-in and Mobile Boarding Pass storage — quick access so you’re ready to go.
- Flight Status — see upgrade priority list, seat map, in-flight amenities, as well as departure gate.
- Flight Status Push Notification — monitor a selected flight and receive automatic updates sent to your phone.
- OnePass Account Access — manage your OnePass account
- Airport Maps — zoom in on maps to help you navigate through the airport.
It first struck me as odd that CO would put so much time into this app with a merger around the corner, but realizing that United and Continental will operate as a separate airline for the foreseeable future, an app was understandable.
Furthermore, with United adapting the Continental livery, it won’t take much to tinker with this app to replace "Continental" with "United". The features, including realtime upgrade priority, seat maps, and the ability to book award and even revenue air tickets is miles beyond the capability of United’s current mobile site. United would be wise to quickly adapt the technology of their new partners (while rejecting Continental’s latest practice of selling dirt cheap upgrades to anyone who wants them rather than giving them to elites…). But I digress…
Leave a Reply