New airline routes and destinations pop up all the time and I often have trouble staying on top of these announcements. Thankfully, I no longer have to: I found a place where this information is consolidated. Here’s Air Transport World’s list of recently launched or upcoming new routes:
- Lufthansa will launch daily A380 Frankfurt-San Francisco service May 10.
- Emirates launched four-times-weekly Airbus A330-200 Dubai-Basra service on Feb. 2.
- Japan Airlines subsidiary Japan Air Commuter will launch daily Fukuoka service to Amami-Oshima and Yakushima March 27.
- Aeromar and Continental Airlines reached a codeshare arrangement under which CO will place its code on Aeromar service from Mexico City to 13 destinations in Mexico starting this month.
- Avianova will launch thrice-weekly Moscow Sheremetyevo service to Tyumen and Surgut April 9.
- AnadoluJet launched thrice-weekly Ankara-London Stansted service on Jan. 28.
- Emirates will increase daily Dubai-Vienna service to 11-times-weekly Airbus A340-500 service starting on March 27.
- AirBaltic will launch four-times-weekly Fokker 50 Riga-Gdansk service April 18 and a twice-weekly Oulu-Tromso Bombardier Q400 service April 29.
- Ryanair will commence four new routes from Manchester airport to Alicante (six-times-weekly), Faro (daily), Madrid (four-times-weekly) and Tenerife (four-times-weekly) from April 14 and increase frequencies on its four-times-daily Manchester-Dublin route to six-times-daily. It will also launch twice-weekly Humberside-Alicante service April 12.
- Spirit Airlines launched thrice-weekly Ft. Lauderdale-Niagara Falls service. It will begin thrice-weekly Niagara Falls-Myrtle Beach service May 5 and thrice-weekly Ft. Lauderdale-San Salvador service June 13, subject to foreign government approval.
- AirTran Airways will launch Atlanta service to Aruba (daily, March 7), Punta Cana (daily, Feb. 16), and Bermuda (May 26). It will increase Atlanta service to Cancun to twice-daily Feb. 16 and will resume seasonal Atlanta service to Portland, Maine May 4. It will also launch Baltimore service to San Francisco (daily, May 26), Los Angeles (seasonal, March 8) and Seattle (seasonal, May 4).
- WestJet will operate seasonal daily Orange Country service from Vancouver and Calgary starting May 2 and June 13, respectively.
- Frontier Airlines will increase Milwaukee service to Boston (18-times-weekly) and New York La Guardia (19-times-weekly) to 25-times-weekly, May 13 and April 4, respectively. It will also extend daily seasonal Milwaukee-Ft. Lauderdale service until May 12, from its originally scheduled end date of April 17.
Also give http://airlineroute.net/feed/ a look
Very nice! Thanks.