I spent last week in Asia, splitting the time between Singapore and Tokyo. This will be a brief trip report featuring a pair of hotel reviews, flight reviews, and a quartet of lounge reviews.
My transpacific flights were on United. I flew outbound on the 17hr55min ultra-longhaul from LAX-SIN (see my full review here of the inaugural flight) and flew home from NRT-LAX. Both were on 787-9 in business class, both went smoothly. Since very little has changed onboard, I won’t say more about those flights.
To get from Singapore to Tokyo, I flew on Malaysia Airlines via Kuala Lumpur. KUL-NRT was operated by an A350 and I scored first class seats for only 40,000 American AAdvantage miles plus about $8 in taxes/fees.
My trip report will include reviews of the following:
- Andaz Singapore [both standard room and suite] / $300/night
- Qantas Lounge (SIN)
- British Airways Lounge (SIN)
- Malaysia Airlines 737 Business Class Singapore to Kuala Lumpur
- Malaysia Airlines First Class Lounge (KUL)
- Pros and Cons of the New Malaysia Airlines First Class Lounge
- Malaysia Airlines Business Class Lounge (KUL)
- Malaysia Airlines A350 First Class Kuala Lumpur to Tokyo
- Park Hyatt Tokyo [both corner room and suite] / 30,000 points/night
I’ll also include a segment on Persian and Mexican food in Tokyo…
I’m trying to clear the backlog of old trip reports, but before we embark on my next “classic”, I want to ensure I stay up-to-date. Given that this trip is less than a week old, I’m doing my best to stay very current on all future trips. Thanks for reading!