Navigating Hilton Honors loyalty program can be difficult but here’s what you need to know about Hilton Diamond status.
Hilton Honors Loyalty Program
Hilton Honors is one of the most popular and well–known loyalty programs in the hospitality industry. Its unique rewards system is designed to make sure that customers have an unforgettable experience when they stay at any of Hilton’s properties worldwide. Whether you’re a frequent traveler or just looking for a great place to stay, the Hilton Honors loyalty program can help you save money and get more out of your stay.
The Hilton Honors program offers members a variety of ways to earn points. You can earn points every time you stay at any of Hilton’s properties, including Hilton Hotels and Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton and more. You can also earn points for participating in activities such as dining at participating restaurants, booking activities through the Hilton Honors app, or shopping with select retailers. Points can also be earned by transferring points from other loyalty programs, including American Express Membership Rewards.
Once you’ve accumulated enough points, you can redeem them for free nights at any of Hilton’s properties or use them towards other rewards like airline miles, shopping vouchers, and more. With the Hilton Honors program, you can also enjoy elite status, which gives you access to exclusive benefits such as complimentary room upgrades, late check–outs, and more.
Hilton Honors is a great way to get the most value out of your travels. Whether you’re looking for a great deal on a hotel stay or just want to take advantage of the rewards that come with being a member, Hilton Honors is an excellent program in which to participate.
More than anything else, Hilton’s brand breadth makes it easy to earn status and redeem points for award stays.
What Are The Benefits of Hilton Honors Diamond
The last few years have made earning and retaining Diamond elite status easier. Here are some of the topline benefits of being a Diamond member.
- Complimentary upgrades: As a Diamond Honors member, you can enjoy complimentary room upgrades, such as suite upgrades or a room with a better view. This perk alone can make your stay even more luxurious and comfortable. Hotels that have an executive lounge may have access to it.
- Priority check-in and check-out: No one likes to wait in line. As a Diamond Honors member, you‘ll be able to skip the queue and enjoy priority check–in and check–out services. This will help you get to your room faster and make your stay more convenient.
- Bonus points: You can earn bonus points for every stay or purchase you make at any Hilton property. These points can be used for future stays, dining, or shopping. Earnings for Diamond members can reach 20 points per dollar spent on a Hilton stay.
- Special amenities: Diamond Honors members can also enjoy exclusive amenities, such as complimentary breakfast, and late checkout. While breakfast is a guarantee outside of the United States (for Hilton Gold too), in the US Diamonds receive a daily credit that can be applied at any time of the day.
- Elite customer service: Enjoy the highest level of customer service with a dedicated concierge and access to the exclusive Diamond Honors Desk.
- Diamond Status Extension: For years where a Diamond may have failed to earn the required 60 nights in a calendar year or 30 stays, they can extend their status by one year so long as they have earned 250 nights and been Diamond at least three years in the last ten.
In my experience, hotels generally try to accommodate Diamond guests with late checkouts and upgrades. Sometimes, guests may need to request these items at the front desk but some are offered automatically.
How Guests Can Earn Hilton Diamond Status
There are four primary ways that Hilton Honors guests can earn Diamond status.
- Stay at Hilton Hotels and Resorts. Staying in Hilton hotels and resorts for 60 nights annually will secure Honors Diamond status, but an easier way for some guests is to complete 30 stays. For example, five consecutive nights at a Hampton Inn is one stay but five status-qualifying nights. If a guest were to stay one night at a Hampton Inn, and one night at a Conrad, that would be two stays but just two nights. Thus, business travelers who travel for short periods of time are able to qualify via 30 stays.
- Complete a Hilton Honors Challenge. If you’ve already accumulated enough points to qualify for Diamond status, you can complete a Hilton Honors Challenge and fast–track your way to Diamond status. The challenge requires you to stay for a certain number of nights within a designated time period, usually three months.
- Become an Amex Platinum Card Member. If you’re an American Express Platinum Card Member, some have been able to benefit from complimentary Gold status and receive an upgrade to Diamond status after completing four stays within a 90–day period. That‘s a great way to get the most out of your travels and save on hotel stays.
- Add the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card. Included among the other benefits of the premium credit card, Diamond Status is an added benefit with no stay or night credits required. The credit card has an annual fee of $450 so it’s not a light consideration, but it also earns Hilton Honors points at an accelerated pace.
Should You Strive For Hilton Honors Status?
If you’re a frequent traveler, there’s no better reward than achieving Hilton Honors Diamond status. This elite level of membership provides guests with access to exclusive benefits and privileges, making it the ultimate status to strive for.
The benefits of becoming a Hilton Honors Diamond member are plentiful. You’ll enjoy a 100 percent bonus on all points earned during stays. Plus, you’ll receive a generous room upgrade, complimentary breakfast, and access to the exclusive executive lounges where available. You’ll also get exclusive discounts on dining and shopping, plus complimentary late checkout.
Finally, being a Hilton Honors Diamond member means you get access to exclusive events and experiences. You can take advantage of exclusive offers from the Hilton Honors Experiences Store, which allows you to purchase experiences such as tickets to concerts, sporting events, and shows.
What do you think? Will you pursue Hilton Honors Diamond Status this year? Do you prefer a different hotel loyalty program instead?