How far would you go to defend your spouse? A man was thrown off a Qantas flight to Sydney after a verbal escalation with flight attendants. The purser claimed he cursed out her colleagues. He claimed they cruelly made his wife cry.
Honor Or Disgrace? Man Screams At Qantas Flight Attendants, Claiming They Were Rude To His Wife
While we do not have all of the details, here’s what we know:
- The incident took place on Qantas 44, a Boeing 737-800 from Bali Denpasar (DPS) to Sydney (SYD) on October 20, 2022
- The man was traveling with his wife and two children, both very young
- Before takeoff, flight attendants said something to the man’s wife that made her cry
- Their children were both teething, so it could be that the children were crying loudly and uncontrollably
- Whatever the flight attendants said enraged the man and he proceeded to scream at them, including using foul language
- The purser was summoned and told the man he would be escorted off the flight
- This enraged him even more
- Video shows a back-and-forth between the man and the purser, with the man demanding the crew apologize for being rude to his wife and the purser insisting the man cannot be rude to her crew
- As passions flared, at one point the man screamed, “Tell security to come and take me by the balls.”
Police did show up and eventually removed the family from the flight. Qantas has backed up its flight attendants and says it is reviewing the incident in order to determine whether the family will be permanently banned from Qantas.
“Get out of my face.” An Australian family has been kicked off their Qantas flight home from Bali, after a tense altercation with flight attendants. Full details, tonight on #9News
Again, we do not know how it started or what transpired before the video started rolling. What we do see if a very irate passenger and a purser who probably should have just walked away instead of engaging the man at all.
Let’s just assume, for purpose of our discussion, that at least one flight attendant was rude to the man’s wife. Does that justify being rude back? Does that justify screaming and cursing at the flight attendant? It does not. Two wrongs do not make a right and while flight attendants should be held accountable for their words and actions onboard, even a bad apple does not give a passenger the right to raise his voice and start cursing onboard.
A family was ejected from a Qantas flight from Bali to Sydney after an alleged incident of crew disrespect toward the young family. Whoever may have started the incident, yelling (not to mention cursing) at a flight attendant is a sure-fire way to be removed from a flight. It just never ends well.
Based upon the video, what are your thoughts about the angry passenger?