I’m closing in on my goal to try every member airline of the three of major alliances.
My last trip focused on SkyTeam, with an opportunity to fly three new carriers: Aeromexico, Air France, and Middle East Airlines. Both the Aeromexico and Air France longhauls featured the carriers’ latest business class products.
Also note that between LA and Washington I never left the airport, unless you count the airport hotel I spent the night in at Paris between flights.
- Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse Los Angeles (LAX)
- Delta Sky Club Los Angeles (LAX – T2)
- Aeromexico 737 Business Class Los Angeles to Mexico City
- American Express Centurion Lounge Mexico City (MEX)
- Aeromexico Salon Premier Lounge Mexico City (MEX)
- Aeromexico 787-9 Business Class Mexico City to Paris
- Air France Business Class Lounge Paris (CDG – 2E/M)
- Air France 777-300ER Business Class Paris to Dubai
- Middle East Airlines A320 Business Class Dubai to Beirut
- Cedar Lounge Beirut (BEY)
- Middle East Airlines A330 Business Class Beirut to Frankfurt
I will not review the United Airlines business class flight I flew from Frankfurt to Washington Dulles.
This SkyTeam portion of the trip included two tickets, both of which were paid for using points.
- LAX-MEX-CDG-DXB = 80K Korean Air SkyPass miles + $129 (booked as part of a round-trip award)
- DXB-BEY-FRA = 49,945 American Express Membership Rewards Points + $0
Stay tuned for the full trip report. I’ll give you a hint – every single flight was a good one. This is going to be a very positive trip report.