After JetBlue announced the return of their popular flight pass this morning, Sun Country introduced a similar promotion.
The MSP-based airline will offer unlimited flights to all 16 of its destinations between September 5 and October 13 for $499.
Here’s the details of the Fall Free For All Pass:
- Passes are good for unlimited coach-class travel for one person.
- Passes are only valid on Sun Country operated scheduled flights.
- Flight reservations must be made by calling Sun Country Reservations.
- All travel must commence on or after September 7, 2010 and
end on or before October 13, 2010.
- Additional taxes and fees apply for the pass and with each flight booked.
- Space may not be available on all flights, but pass holders will have access to every last coach seat with no blackout dates.
- Tickets must be booked at least 3 days prior to departure.
- Pass purchase will earn 25 Ufly Rewards points.
While this a great deal for flyers around MSP, SY’s limited route network, lack of frequent flyer partners, and suspension of their London Stansted service does not make this offer particularly attractive for discerning frequent flyers.
image courtesy Sun Country Airlines
As mentioned above, purchasing the pass earns 25 Ufly Rewards points. That’s not much considering a domestic coach r/t requires 100 points, but I concede that $499 is about the price of two discounted domestic roundtrip tickets. The complete Ufly award chart may be found here.
Although the flights will be "free", you will still have to pay taxes. Additionally, if you book a flight and miss it, your flight pass will be suspended and you will have to pay a $100 fee to re-activate it.
To take advantage of this office, call Sun Country at 1-800-359-6786 or 651-905-2737 between 5am and midnight central time. The flight pass cannot be booked over the internet.
Leave a Reply