Turkish Airlines is discounting its award redemptions by 30% during the month of December, an incredible deal that I intend to take advantage of and you should too.
Turkish Airlines Award Sale: 30% Off Through End Of 2021
The sale is fairly simple: 30% off all award bookings. Here are the few caveats:
- Valid for bookings made through December 31, 2021
- Travel must be completed by May 31, 2022
- Sale applies to all “saver” tickets in economy or business class
- Turkish Airlines makes additional award space available to its own members
- Valid for travel on Turkish Airlines to all destinations
- Valid on a one-way or round trip basis
- Blackout dates: April 7 – 25, 2022
How Good Of A Deal Is This?
Economy class on Turkish Airlines is survivable, but tight and recommended only as a last resort if you have airline miles. There’s fuel surcharges on both economy class and business class awards on Turkish, which provides an even greater incentive to redeem for business class.
For U.S. readers, you can fly one-way in Turkish Airlines business class at the following rates:
- Europe – 31,500 miles
- Middle East – 32,900 miles
- Central Asia – 36,750 miles
- North Africa – 42,000 miles
- East Asia – 47,250 miles
- Central Africa – 50,750 miles
- South Africa – 59,500 miles
Fuel surcharges will not be more than $300 to most destinations (some destinations in Africa have steep departure taxes which will push it up a bit higher)
Yes, fly to Europe in business class for 31,500 miles one-way, even if you are backtracking to London or Dublin.
This is a superb deal!
Which Points Can Be Used To Book Discounted Turkish Awards?
Turkish Airlines is part of Star Alliance, thus many airlines have access to Turkish Airlines award space…but not at these prices. The sale is only when using Turkish Miles & Smiles points.
If you don’t have Turkish Miles & Smiles points, you can transfer them from Citi Thank You or from Capital One (yet another reason to take sign-up for the Capital One Venture X, the best new credit card in five years).
Turkish also releases additional award space to its open Miles & Smiles members (versus Star Alliance partners).
Turkish Airlines miles are valuable even when there is not a redemption sale, but are especially valuable right now. I highly encourage you to take advantage of this deal before the end of the year. If you’ve never flown Turkish Airlines business class before, trust me, you’re going to like it:
> Read My Turkish Airlines Reviews:
- A350-900 Business Class
- 777-300ER Business Class (plus a vintage first class review and economy class review)
- 787-9 Business Class
- 737-900 Business Class
- A330-200 Business Class
- A321neo Business Class
- A320 Business Class
(H/T: One Mile At A Time)