United Airlines has opened a beautiful new lounge in the brand new Terminal A at Newark Liberty International Airport.
United Club Newark Terminal A – First Look
The old Continental-era lounge in the old Terminal A was functional, but certainly would not win any awards for its beauty. The new lounge, however, is beautiful and offers the following amenities:
- The lounge is located near Gate A27 on the upper level
- There do not appear to be escalators up to the lounge, only stairs and an elevator
- It is 15,000-square-foot, with seating for up to 350
- The lounge is open from 5:00 am to 9:15 pm daily
- This lounge is unique in that it has an “open-air” that looks down into the terminal below
- A hot and cold buffet, full-service bar, and self-serve beverages are available
- A beautiful mural by Newark resident Antoinette Ellis-Williams greets you as you enter the lounge
There are a few apparent shortcomings: limited bathroom space (for example, only two stalls in the men’s room), no coffee barista, no showers, and no escalators. While United had to work with the space it had, these are missing opportunities.
Reader UANYC sent me a couple of pictures from his visit this morning, which I appreciate, including the picture above and the picture below.
Later today United has promised to send me some stock photos about the new lounge, so stay tuned: I’ll update this post later with photos.
By the way, this was one reason for my (failed) trip to Newark earlier this week. Since I was not there, you might enjoy checking out Zach Griff’s excellent story on the new lounge. He has some excellent pictures and commentary. I plan to be there soon….and it will be a “real” review in the sense that I will be able to gauge how crowded the lounge is.
United’s new lounge in Newark Terminal A is now open and it is not a cookie-cutter lounge: those days are long gone. I look forward to checking out the new lounge. Should anyone stop by today, please feel free to send photos or leave a comment below about how you found the new facilities.