Hyatt has taken out the guesswork of pre-flight COVID-19 testing to the USA by offering it to resort guests in Latin America…and not even charging for it. It’s a genius move that makes me much more comfortable about traveling.
Hyatt’s Bold New Strategy In Latin America
Through May 31, 2021 and potentially beyond, Hyatt will offer free COVID-19 tests to guests traveling in Latin America at one of its 19 resorts. This comes in response to new testing requirements for all inbound international travel to the United States via air.
Up to two guests per room are eligible for free testing. Minimum stay requirements vary by resort. Third party bookings (like those via online travel agencies) are eligible. Latin America includes Mexico, Costa Rica, the Caribbean, and South America. Expect rapid antigen or PCR testing, which are both accepted to enter the USA.
Which Hyatt Resorts Offer Free COVID-19 Tests?
19 resorts will participate in Hyatt’s new complimentary COVID-19 testing program:
- Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort Spa and Casino
- Grand Hyatt Baha Mar, Bahamas
- Grand Hyatt Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Costa Rica
- Andaz Costa Rica Resort at Peninsula Papagayo
- Dominican Republic
- Hyatt Zilara Cap Cana, Dominican Republic
- Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana, Dominican Republic
- Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall, Jamaica
- Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall, Jamaica
- Thompson Playa del Carmen Beach House, Mexico
- Thompson Playa del Carmen Main House, Mexico
- The Cape, a Thompson Hotel, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya, Mexico
- Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen, Mexico
- Thompson Zihuatanejo, a Beach Resort, Mexico
- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, Mexico
- Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- Hyatt Zilara Cancun, Mexico
- Hyatt Ziva Cancun, Mexico
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Park Hyatt St. Kitts Christophe Harbour
Hyatt Offers New Discounted “Travel Delay Rates”
Sometimes tests results will be delayed or return positive. When that occurs, Hyatt is offering a new “Travel Delay Rate” for unintended additional stays.
This rate will extend a 25-50% discount on room rates and up to a 30% discount on food and beverage (excluding alcohol). Resort fees will also be waived and stays can range from 1-14 nights. These rates may only be booked at the hotel and these discounts are not valid at Hyatt Ziva and Hyatt Zilara properties.
Note, this policy will stretch beyond resorts to all Hyatt hotels in Latin America.
While perhaps now is not the time to encourage tourism, Hyatt’s bold new plans takes a lot of guesswork out of the logistics of traveling to Latin America then flying back to the USA. With 19 Hyatt resorts offering free testing, Hyatt offers a compelling reason to choose its properties when in LATAM.