United Airlines is adding a plethora of point-to-point flights for the autumn football season, as leisure travel continues to outpace business travel.
United Airlines Football Flights Coming This Fall
As football season approaches, United is adding 74 flights, including 52 new direct flights between college towns and professional football markets on gameday weekends this September through November. United calls the new point-to-point routes is “just the latest way the airline is creatively rebuilding its network.”
Ankit Gupta, Vice President of Domestic Network Planning at United, noted:
“Nothing brings people together like the opportunity to cheer on the teams they love. This upcoming season, United is adding even more direct flights to college and professional football games than we’ve ever added before so our customers can reunite with the teams, tailgates and touchdowns they may have missed last season.”
United Airlines Adds College Football Flights
Starting in September, United will add special point-to-point flights, including:
- Austin, TX to Bentonville, AR to see University of Texas at University of Arkansas
- Lincoln, NE to Lansing, MI to see University of Nebraska at Michigan State University
- State College, PA to Cedar Rapids, IA to see Pennsylvania State University at University of Iowa
- Birmingham, AL to College Station, TX to see University of Alabama at Texas A&M University
- Greenville/Spartanburg, SC to Syracuse, NY to see Clemson University at Syracuse University
- Los Angeles, CA to South Bend, IN to see University of Southern California at University of Notre Dame
- Raleigh, NC to South Bend, IN to see University of North Carolina at University of Notre Dame
- Baton Rouge, LA to Birmingham, AL to see Louisiana State University at University of Alabama
- South Bend, IN to San Francisco, CA to see University of Notre Dame at Stanford University
United Airlines Adds NFL Flights
- Green Bay, WI and New Orleans, LA to watch two of the most proficient offenses square off opening weekend in the Big Easy on Sept. 12
- Green Bay, WI and San Francisco, CA to witness the San Francisco 49ers host one of their fiercest conference rivals under the lights of Levi’s Stadium the weekend of Sept. 26
- Tampa, FL and Boston, MA when the “GOAT” returns to his old stomping ground on Oct. 3
- Buffalo, NY and Kansas City, MO to see the road team get a shot at revenge the weekend of Oct. 10
In September, United will fly 88% of its 2019 domestic schedule. New football-specific routes are coming and represent a new approach for an airline waiting for business travel to return.
Are you a diehard football fan? Will you be booking any of these special NFL or college football flights?