As if a redeye flight was not bad enough already, a disturbed mother onboard cursed out, threatened to kill, and then assaulted a flight attendant on a United Airlines flight to Chicago…all while holding her baby in one arm.
Woman Tells United Airlines Flight Attendant, “I Will F*cking Kill You!” While Holding Baby In Her Arms
Eyewitness accounts and video paint the following picture of what happened onboard:
- The incident occurred on UA476, a Boeing 777-200 redeye flight traveling from San Francisco (SFO) to Chicago (ORD) on Saturday, November 12 (tail number N211UA)
- According to one passenger onboard, a woman began screaming “gibberish” (also invoking Jesus) early in the front, but had remained in her seat
- She also accused the passenger next to her of being drunk and was not drunk herself or consuming any alcohol
- At around 6:00am, just before landing, she rose to use the lavatory after flight attendants had performed their final safety checks and prepared the cabin for landing
- Flight attendants admonished her to sit down, especially because she was carrying her baby, but she refused, noting her child needed to vomit
- She then pushed a flight attendant away and said, “I will kill you. I will f*cking kill you.”
- It is not clear if the troubled woman sat down before landing, but the plane landed on-time and was met by police officers
A United spokesperson told Live and Let’s Fly:
“A disruptive customer on a flight from San Francisco to Chicago was removed by law enforcement upon landing on Sunday, and one member of the flight attendant crew was taken to a hospital for evaluation. We’re grateful to our crew for handling this difficult situation with professionalism and for putting the safety of our team and our customers first.”
Meanwhile, a spokesperson for the Chicago Police Department noted that police officers met the flight, three people were transferred to an area hospital for evaluation, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is now investigating the matter.
The video was captured from at least two angles, one posted on Twitter and the other on TikTok:
— Peter Kondelis (@PeterKondelis) November 13, 2022
A succinct summary of what transpired onboard was later posted on TikTok:
Replying to @islandboy4life
An interesting conundrum for flight attendants, isn’t it? Do you grab the baby from the woman’s hand, knowing the plane would shortly be landing? It’s one thing to let a stubborn, potentially crazy lady fly through the cabin, but letting a child do so is a whole different matter.
At least one United flight attendant was battered by a crazed woman holding a young child on a redeye flight to Chicago. Both the fate and the identity of the woman are unclear, but she’s in a lot of trouble for her indiscriminate action on UA476.
image: @PeterKondelis / Twitter // @Emily_jeannn / TikTok