I love a good game and American Airlines has teased us with a number of clues ahead of announcing a quartet of new international routes tomorrow.
American Airlines Teases New 2024 International Routes
In a move that copies what United has done for a couple years now, American Airlines has released a tantalizing teaser on social media with “clues” concerning the new routes:
View this post on Instagram
@IshrionA notes there are five boarding passes in the video above, offering five clues:
- American will fly from DFW to “somewhere hot”
- American will fly from PHL to “somewhere fun”
- American will fly from PHL to “somewhere new”
- American will fly from PHL to “somewhere glitzy”
- American will fly from ORD to “somewhere classic”
- Finnair already has a DFW-HEL flight, so I am not sure that AA will add a flight of its own to somewhere “hot” as…well, you get it. I think the “hot” destination is Barcelona (BCN), which would augment AA’s Spain service from DFW to Madrid.
- The somewhere “fun” destination from Philadelphia (PHL) will be Tokyo (probably HND over NRT). Travel to Japan has rebounded and this will be a test to see if AA can be profitable on transpacific service from PHL.
- AA announced service from Philadelphia to Casablanca (CMN) before the pandemic, but never started it. I think this will be the “new” destination from Philadelphia. But it could just as easily be Doha (DOH).
- There’s a French flag in the video and I think the “glitzy” destination is PHL to Nice (NCE).
- There’s also a Swiss flag in the video and I tend to think the “classic” route will be Chicago (ORD) to Zurich (ZRH). This route has performed well for United (though to be clear, I would think AA might try to bring it back from New York JFK first, though).
We will find out tomorrow – let us know your guess in the comment section below!