United Airlines unveiled its new Polaris Lounge in Newark today. The 27K square foot lounge will seat 455 passengers and represents a significant upgrade for premium longhaul Star Alliance passengers departing from Newark.
I was unable to be present for the media preview this morning, but United sent me the following pictures:
Here are some key facts about the lounge:
- The lounge is open daily from 4:30a to 10:30p (at least for the summer schedule)
- Access is granted for:
- Customers in United Polaris first or business class (departure, connecting, or on arrival throughout their eligible same day trip)
- Customers in first or business class on Star Alliance member airlines may access the United Polaris lounge at the departure airport for their longhaul international first or business class flight
- Travelers booked in a first class cabin may invite one guest to join them in the lounge
- The lounge is 27,099 square feet and seats 455 passengers
- 44 work spaces, 570 power receptacles, and 450 USB ports are located throughout the lounge
- The dining room has 24 tables with seating for 48 passengers
I’ll post a full review after my visit next week. The lounge appears quite similar to the recently-opened Polaris Lounge in San Francisco.
> Read More: United Polaris Lounge San Francisco (SFO) Full Review
I guess that airside transfer bus near gate 71 will be a lot busier soon with Germanic languages speakers. 🙂
Looking forward to a real life review.